Check-in time is from 2pm until 9pm at night.
If you think you might be arriving after 9pm let us know and we will arrange a late arrival for you.
Jackson’s Retreat Alpine Holiday Park is proud to say that yes we are unique, a First for not only the West Coast but for all of NZ with an innovation award from Holiday Accommodation Parks of NZ for our Under Cover complex sites.
The large purpose-built barns provide a covered retreat for when the West Coast UV rays and rains or the alpine snow’s come. Motorhomes, Campervans, Caravans and Tents park or pitch in private bays, but don’t let that put you off! Each bay has a panoramic window so you’re not going to miss out on our stunning Alpine yet rural contrasting landscape. Even under cover you’ll have views of the New Zealand landscape, whether it’s snow-capped mountains on one side, or waterfalls and native rain forest full of New Zealand birdlife and wildlife on the other.
Your bay window will overlook the mighty Taramakau River and TranzAlpine Railway.
Each bay of the covered complex also provides fresh water and 240 volt power, but a foot mat too! There is room for you to move about and if your many book a site next to our pitched tents and rent one of them too!
22 Powered RV/Tent Sites
8 Under Cover Powered RV/Tent Sites
Plus many Non Powered RV/Tent sites available.
Our Self Contained Unit can sleep up to 9 Persons
Bedroom #1 Queen Bed, Bedroom #2 4x Single Bunks, Bedroom #3 1x Double + 1x Single Bunk
Full Self Catering Kitchen with large Dining and Lounge and for the winter months we’ll even light the Log Fire prior to your arrival.
Also included is a BBQ and Single Car Garage for all your toys.
Yes – numerous
These fantastic Non Powered RV/Tent Sites are spread over approximately a 2-acre area.
Spacious, grassed and nestled up in native bush with panoramic views.
Fresh drinking water is available at various points.
Yes – 360° views.
We have used the natural terraced formation of this chosen site with integrity and protection of the environment to delight our guests with commanding views – Southern Alps and snow capped Mountains, The Mighty Taramakau River, TranzAlpine railway, Waterfalls, NZ Native Rain Forest, Wildlife and Bird life galore!
The Winter months at Jackson’s are usually clear, crisp sunny days, snow rarely settles on the ground at Jacksons. Also during this period the ranges of The Southern Alps are snow capped which looks stunning!
Spring brings the rains which can last for a few days and be quite heavy – hence Rain forest and green!
Summer can be very hot.
Our unique Covered RV/Tent sites offer protection from the beautifully diverse West Coast weather.
Maybe check with your hire company if they are supplied.
All New Zealand Alpine passes require chains some days.
Chains will often be provided by your Motorhome hire company, but they are rarely required.
Winter is the most spectacular time in the Alpine Southern Alp Ranges all the way through to Jackson’s.
The water is 100% pure mountain fed, filtered, and is Health Department approved. We also pride ourselves in being chemical-free here and the natural water is no exception.
For your convenience we have 2 tents already pitched in our Under Cover area for all year hire and both being close to the facilities building.
These are two room Tents and please ask at the office if you require either mattresses, sleeping bags or any other assistance.
All these items are available for hire please inquire at the office or advise your requirements at time of booking.
There are 22 large individual private sites with their own lawn area, each one with stunning views and maybe a picnic table.
The 8 Under Cover power sites are also on a hard surface.
Tents can also be pitched on this surface but you may need metal pegs.
Smoking is only permitted in outside areas in accordance with New Zealand law.
Your family pets are allowed only by prior arrangement. We have some considerations you need to be aware of, so please inquire when you book.
Check out is at 10 am
If your staying for more than 1 night, please be aware that our Amenities building will be closed from approximately 10am to 12noon for cleaning, we appreciate your understanding.
No and they are excellent as described in our reviews!
Your daily tariff includes free use of all on-site facilities, excluding Laundry facilities and WIFI.
Grandparents, Mum’s & Dad’s, Auntie’s & Uncle’s and children of all ages love it here at Jacksons Holiday Park.
We have good open areas for lots of play time. There are fresh water creeks to be explored – please be aware with the little ones. The children’s play ground area has the normal but Nature has provided the exceptional.
Glow Worms, Walking Tracks and hopefully some Kiwi spotting.
Greymouth: 63 kilometers
Hokitika: 67 kilometers
Christchurch: 178 kilometers
We also have basic or not so basic Camp supplies in our Camp Pantry, which include Free Range Eggs from our own Chickens, Fresh Home Made Bread and seasonal vege’s from our own Tunnel House
You can use our secure online booking service and we will respond within 24 hours to confirm your booking.
Alternatively you can telephone, fax or email us via – our details at the bottom of every page of this website.
Our busiest season is from approximately October and during the Christmas/New Year through to approximately the Easter Holiday period.
Winter months for the Ski season can be another busy period for consideration as well, July through to September
We highly recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
Jacksons Retreat Alpine Holiday Park is a popular destination for both our International visitors and domestic travelers, we recommend that you pre-book when possible to avoid disappointment.
- Upon the completion of our booking process, you will receive a Reservation Confirmation email that outlines a summary of your booking. Please review the information carefully this is your confirmed booking.
- Please view our Check In/Check Out Departure times and should you require an extension to these hours charges may apply.
- 100% Payment for all Powered, Non-Powered and Under Cover Sites are to be paid in full on booking confirmation, charges will be to Credit Card details supplied.
- 100% Payment for Manual/Phone bookings at time of booking.
- Roofed Accommodation: Deposit Payment. Upon your booking being confirmed, payment for your 1st night will be processed against the credit card details supplied.
- Should the provided Credit Card details not be valid your booking will no longer be confirmed until full Payment has been received.
- Credit Card details supplied must have an expiry date no later than the booked departure date.
- Where a booking is unable to supply a valid Credit Card, full booking payment can be accepted via Internet Banking, please request this option at time of booking.
- Credit card details supplied must be in the name of the Lead Guest at time of booking and the Credit Card holder authorizes payments not limited to: Deposit Payments, Administration Fees, No-Show Payments and any other charges relating to the attached booking.
- Remaining balances of your Booked Accommodation cost is due for full payment at Check In.
- Payment Options are: Cash NZ$, Visa & MasterCard Credit Cards or Internet Banking. Credit Card charges/fees may apply
- Please review our Cancellation Policy. Securing your reservation with your credit card details means that you accept our Terms & Conditions Policy.
- Roofed accommodation “The Barn” requires a 2 (two) night minimum stay during Christmas & New Year period or where advised in the booking process.
- Any cancellations within 72 hours of Arrival Date forfeit all paid deposits/funds and any funds due for payment will be debited to the booking Credit Card details supplied at booking.
- Any cancellations prior to 72 hours of check in time will be charged an Administration Fee of $25.00nzd minimum or 10% of booking value.
- All roofed accommodation cancellations within 7 days of arrival date will forfeit all paid deposits/funds.
- No refunds will be issued for reduction of nights booked or changes made to guest numbers, where changes are made within 72 hours of arrival date.
- Should a booking not be Checked In this booking will be deemed a “No-Show” and any funds due will be processed against the booking credit card supplied.
- All refunds/credits will be credited only to the booking Credit Card supplied.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations due to flight delays or events of Nature e.g. bad weather. Please ensure your Travel Insurance covers unforeseen circumstances.
- No refunds will be issued for cancelled bookings within the Christmas/New Year period
- At the discretion of Management, changes to a booking maybe accepted as a postponement. This postponement can not be more than 1 month from the original date of arrival.
- We ask that all our guests consider purchasing Travel Insurance to ensure any unforeseen circumstances are covered.
- Rates: All advertised rates are NZD and inclusive of GST, rates may also change without prior notification.
- Pets: Are welcome by prior arrangement only and are not permitted inside any roofed accommodation or any Park buildings.
- 10% Discount for all NZMCA current members are applicable excluding Public Holidays or the Christmas/New Year Period.
- All visitors to the Park must first register at the Office and will be advised where to park their vehicle. Any guests found on site unaccounted for will be charge normal daily rates.
- Please be advised that all damage to Park property will be charged to the Lead Guests credit card details supplied.
- Our policy of No Smoking is for all Park buildings.
- Should any guest conduct themselves in the manner which is unacceptable to other guests or Management, Management reserves the right to terminate their booking and any funds paid/received will be refunded at the complete discretion of the proprietor.
Customer service is our number one priority; therefore your booking request will be processed as quickly as possible.
Normally you will receive an instant booking confirmation.
Yes – We treat the security of our guest’s information very seriously.
Our secure booking system holds your details in strict regulatory SSL format. We treat the security of our guest’s information very seriously. To ensure your security, all credit card transactions are secured by SSL, which encrypts the credit card number to make it unavailable to any other party.
The Mighty Taramakau River is on our doorstep and there are many points where you can launch your jet boat, kayak or take a stroll along the river’s edge.
Moana town is 33 kilometers and your on Lake Brunner’s tranquil waters, again there are many points of launch, please collect the Brunner map from our office.